You are here: Home » News » NEWS » Peru's Fresh Grape Exports Expected To Exceed $1.4 Billion This Year

Peru's Fresh Grape Exports Expected To Exceed $1.4 Billion This Year

Views: 106    


The Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (Mincetur) has predicted that Peru's exports of fresh grapes are expected to exceed US$1.4 billion for the year, consolidating Peru's position as a major grape exporter, given the good performance of the country's exports in the first months of the year.

Official figures show that in the first quarter of 2022, Peruvian fresh grape exports amounted to US$614 million, up 22 percent from the previous year, El Peruano reported on May 29. The United States was the largest export destination for Peruvian grapes, buying 50 percent of Peruvian fresh grapes sold abroad during the period, followed by European Union countries with 11 percent. The majority of Peruvian fresh grapes sold abroad came from the regions of Ica, Piura, Lambayeque and Libertad.

Mincetur Minister Roberto Sánchez said that exports of fresh Peruvian grapes are in good shape and have gained a "foothold" in some demanding markets. Therefore, it is essential to consolidate the progress made and to develop grape varieties with higher value.

According to official figures, Peru's fresh grape exports will be worth $1.253 billion in 2021, up 21% year-on-year, making it the world's largest grape supplier, ahead of Chile ($928 million) and the United States ($782 million). In the same period, exports of Red Globe grapes accounted for about 30% of Peru's total grape exports, while the remaining 70% were seedless grapes, including Sweet Globe, Crescent, and Cresson. "Crimson" and "Sweet Celebration" varieties.

Customer First
Shanxi Guangyuan Fertilizer Co.,Ltd. is a modern comprehensive private enterprise combining scientific research, production and sales.
     QR Code
Copyright © Shanxi Guangyuan Fertilizer Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved.